Met RecCultivating cooperative partnerships to enhance recreation, arts and culture in our communities.

homeabout usservicesfinancialsgrant makingfaq

District Office:

Service Calls - TV System:

P.O. Box 1369
Gunnison, CO 81230

Frequently Asked Questions

The MET REC receives many questions. We share these answers, and invite additional inquiries. If you have a question about the Gunnison County Metropolitan Recreation District, please email or call.

How do I receive a free television signal?

Who do I call to report a problem with television/radio signals?

When is the grant funding cycle?

How are the Directors elected?

Why does the Met Rec continue to fund television?

How do I set up a customized online Channel Listing with Titan TV?

How do I receive a free television signal?

For a detailed answer to this question, go to the Services page and click on "How to Receive Television Signals"

Who do I call to report a problem with television/radio signals?

Please contact the service technician at this number: (970) 641-9148

When is the grant funding cycle?

The deadline for grant applications falls in February of each year. Go to the grants page and click on "Guidelines" for details and "Application" for the most current grant application format.

How are the Directors elected?

Qualifications: To qualify as a Director of a special district (“District”), a person must be an “elector”, defined as a registered voter of Colorado and either:

1. A resident of the District for not less than 30 days,

2. The owner (or spouse of the owner) of taxable real or personal property situated in the District, or

3. A person obligated to pay taxes under a contract to purchase taxable property.
32-1-103(5), Colorado Revised Statutes (“C.R.S.”)

Go to the About Us page and click on "Board Membership" for more details.

Why does the MET REC continue to fund television?

The service plan and of the Met Rec includes the maintenance of the television and radio transmitter system. The Met Rec District completed a survey in 2006 that showed many residents using only over-the-air television in their homes. Many residents use the Met Rec service along with another television service. The Board of Directors unanimously agree they will maintain the translator system for the service area as long as it is in the service agreement.


©2018 Gunnison County Metropolitan Recreation District

Site built and maintained by Paragon Computers